- Braillecast, Episode 9 – Holly Scott-Gardner
In this episode, we talk with Holly Scott-Gardner about studying Spanish, living abroad and the impact of braille on these pursuits.
we also discuss:
- RNIB released the Orbit Reader 20 in the UK (product code HT358) on 8 August for £449, or £399 for Connect members.
- AFB Accessworld Review of the Brailliant BI-14: HumanWare’s Latest Step Toward Smart Braille Displays
- Apple iOS 12 introduces quick navigation in braille in web pages. To assign keys, go to
- (the name of your braille display) / More Info
- Braille Command
- Borivali has become the first railway station in mumbai with braille-friendly platform indicators
- Paper presented at the 4th General Assembly of the International Council on English Braille entitled “Considerations for Embosser Produced Tactile Graphics”: MS Word and Duxbury Braille
- National Braille Week is organised by Royal Blind and runs in the second week of October, coinciding with World Sight Day.
- Sight Village South East, London, Tuesday 6th and Wednesday 7th November 2018
BrailleCast is an independent podcast celebrating the world’s most successful tactile reading system.
Braille represents competency, independence, and equality. Whether you are a Braille reader, Braille teacher, parent to a blind child or someone with a casual interest in Braille, we hope BrailleCast will encourage you to adopt and promote the value of Braille.
Listen to recent BrailleCast episodes below and join the conversation at Braillists.org