In this episode, we have a detailed chat about the Orbit Reader 20, the long-awaited and eagerly-anticipated low-cost Braille electronic reading device.
In Braille News:
- a variety of discounts and pricing information due to site village:
- Sight and Sound Technology have announced discounted pricing for VFO products for the duration of the exhibition season.
- Humanware have set the UK price for the Brailliant BI14 at £845.00
- The price of the Duxbury Braille Translator is to increase as of August 1st, for the first time in over 20 years.
- Sporting Lisbon (the Portuguese football team) have unveiled a shirt with the club motto in Braille
- The European Parliament approved a new Copyright motion on July 7, eliminating the need for permission from publishers to be sought before making accessible copies of their written works.
- Paul Sullivan of the Braillists Foundation is hosting a small exhibition of historical Braille devices alongside a chance to get your Perkins Brailler cleaned and serviced. Perk up your Perkins takes place on 28th and 29th September in Bristol.