Dave williams and guests catch up with all the latest news from last month’s UKAAF AGM, explore issues facing blind students needing Braille in higher education, and we debate the value of the survey from the International Council on English Braille.
In Braille News
- CNIB has begun shipping the Orbit Reader. APH and the RNIB are expected to follow suit in the coming weeks.
- Another afordable Braille display is in the works – InnoVision have released the Braille Me refreshable Braille display.
- The Braille Institute in Los Angeles recently hosted the Braille Challenge Finals.
- Apple have released the first public beta of iOS 11 with some welcome enhancements for Braille users. CoolBlindTech have been finding out what’s new. iOS 11 is expected to be officially released in the autumn.
- A Harvord graduate has invented a new device to help teach Braille to children. The Read Read by Alex Tavares uses tactile and speech feedback with movable Braille “tiles”.
- July is the height of exhibition season in North America and Europe with 3 major conferences offering manufacturers the chance to showcase their developments. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with anything you’ve seen, want to see or heard about.