This is Episode2 of Braillecast. Thank you for listening!
Our host Dave Williams discusses the BrailleNote Touch, interviewing several teaching assistants at schools in the UK where the Touch is used. He talks to Greg Stilson from Humanware about the product.
In Braille News
- As of the Windows 10 Creators Update, Braille support is now built directly into Microsoft Windows. See using Narrator with Braille in the user guide
- The UEB Code maintenance committee (part of the International Council on English Braille/ICEB) are seeking input from as many people as possible on changes to single quotation marks and apostrophe marks in Braille.
- Humanware have announced the Brailliant BI14, scheduled for release at the end of June.
- The UK Association for accessible Formats/UKAAF will be holding its conference and AGM on Wednesday, 15th June. This year, The entire day is open to anyone with an interest in accessible formats.
- Lisa Salinger of Mystic access has produced an audio tutorial for the Baum VarioUltra smart Braille displays.
- A new guide has been produced which enables blind people to learn more about the upcoming 2017 total solar Eclipse over North America.
- The US price has been announced for the Orbit reader 20.
- The Braille Legacy musical highlighted last month has divided opinion amongst theatre critics. Contact us on twitter @braillecast, or by email on news at braillecast.com if you have seen it, or just have an opinion of your own to share.